Individual & Couples Counselling
At Healing Anger we offer four kinds of individual sessions:
- The Individual Healing Anger Course requires a minimum of 4 one-and-a-half hours sessions, 6 one-hour sessions, online or in our downtown offices or at a location convenient to you. If the sessions take place outside our offices, there will be an added charge for travel time.
- Follow-up sessions are flexible in order to offer support in maintaining the changes started during the course. They can also provide support in dealing with deeper issues that can not be fully addressed in a 4 session course. The number and frequency of follow-up sessions are established individually.
- Ongoing support for individuals can range from a one-off session to deal with a specific situation, to support during a specific process, such as a separation or the loss of a significant person, to longer-term support in creating a deep and long-lasting transformation in one’s life. The frequency and duration of the sessions can be adapted to respond to people’s needs and situations. As people increase their capacity to deal with their challenges, the frequency of meetings is reduced accordingly. If a crisis arises, the frequency of the sessions can be increased.
- Master’s Integral Intuitive Psychotherapy brings together cognitive, emotional, spiritual and bodywork practices in a single session. Sessions allow people to integrate experiences that were overwhelming at the time they occurred, and this work is especially useful in cases where people feel that in spite of having done much psychotherapy, they find themselves still struggling with the same emotions and sensations.
- Compassionate Inquiry, a psychotherapy approach developed by Dr. Gabor Mate, can also be done per request. This work helps us to liberate ourselves from the unconscious dynamics that run us. Compassionate Inquiry reveals what lies beneath the appearance of what anger, sadness, shame, fear, and other emotions might appear externally. It unveils the level of consciousness, hidden assumptions, implicit memories, and body states underneath the situations we struggle with.
If you are interested in learning more about our services, please contact us
Combining individual and group sessions
Some clients choose to combine individual and group sessions. This experience allows them to go deeper in specific areas while still benefitting from the instruction and the group’s support. No matter their background, people who attend the group usually report that the experience of hearing from others in a safe, open and accepting atmosphere opens up new insights on what is possible in relating to others. Group members usually mention feeling that “they are not alone” — there are people just like them, and people from all walks of life, in this healing journey.