Healing Anger Groups
Relate to your anger and other emotions in a healthy way. Expand your understanding of yourself and your relationships. Learn alongside others who care enough to change what they do with their anger. Harness the energy that anger provides to establish clear boundaries assertively.
Group sessions provide a very supportive, respectful and compassionate approach that allows the transformation of anger into something constructive. Participants expand their understanding of themselves and gain depth in understanding relationships by exploring their own experiences concerning the ideas presented.
Join our groups from anywhere in the world!
All our groups run via Zoom. The only extra fee is for postage for us to mail you a book (or you can opt for the e-book version). Most people join us from Canada, but we also have people joining us from other countries.
Join our next Healing Anger Group for Women
In our Healing Anger Groups for Women, we offer a safe and supportive setting where women learn to relate to this emotion in a powerfully caring and constructive way. Our groups run every 7 weeks and are held online via Zoom. The cost for these groups is $660, tax included and book included (scholarships available for those on income assistance or disability).
Are you ready for group work?
Usually, the first thing that holds people back from group work is anxiety. With over 28 years of experience running these groups, most participants by the end of the first session, report feeling more connected, less isolated, and more understood. They find an increased capacity for empathy for others, increased self compassion and better control over their response to their emotions, particularly anger.
People that attend our group also feel pride for keeping themselves accountable and more knowledgeable about tools which they can use to support themselves and the ones they love.
Here’s a couple of questions to ask yourself to see if group work is a good fit for you:
What can you expect from the group?
Our group provides you with various advantages, such as:
- A confidential and secure environment to talk about your issues
- A supportive and structured learning environment
- A respectful and helpful feedback from others
- A chance to explore new concepts and insights with others
- We provide somatic exercises in every session for nervous system regulation so that your body can feel safe
- A feeling of accountability and encouragement to pursue your goals
- An opportunity to be yourself and express your feelings related to the guided topics
- Guidance from our skilled and professional facilitators
Why group work versus individual counselling?
Group work and individual counselling are both effective forms of psychotherapy. Some of the factors that may influence your choice are:
- The nature and severity of your problem. Some issues may be better suited for individual counselling, such as trauma, abuse, or severe mental health disorders. Other issues like emotional self-development may benefit from group work, such as anger, depression, anxiety, or low self-esteem.
- The cost and availability of the service. Group work is typically less expensive than individual counselling, and it may be more accessible.
Individual counselling allows you to have a one-on-one relationship with a therapist who can tailor the treatment to your specific goals and needs.
- Group work involves interacting with a therapist/s and other group members who may have multiple perspectives and shared experiences. It’s a great way to learn from others, whilst having set time frame and material to work through.
- The level of support and feedback you need. Group work can provide you with excellent peer support, feedback, and validation from others who share your challenges and goals. You may feel less alone and more understood in a group setting. Individual counselling can offer you more privacy, confidentiality, and attention from the therapist. You may feel more comfortable and safe to express yourself in an individual setting.